(Everything you need to know to start playing now!) CD-ROM (Windows and Mac) for guitar. Published by Alfred Publishing.
The interactive song player lets you see exactly how each song should be played; adjust tempo; mix audio accompaniment; record your performance (microphone required). Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to play from popular guitar TAB folios and be ready to play in a band!
Includes: Lessons in full motion video; fun games to reinforce musical concepts; "Play It By Ear" ear training program will sharpen your musical senses; interactive guitar tuner.
Gunner likes it
"At 57 I am finally going to learn to play. This program provides lots of helps to learn the basics. I really like being able to play songs from the first string. The songs get more complex as additional strings, notes and simple chords are added. It makes learning fun. I wish the screen were larger and you could see the whole music. I am thrown off by having the line of music pop up to the first line as you play. Minor problem though when compaired to the other helps that are on the screen at the same time."
-- Gunner Hansen from Sandy, Utah, January 05, 2006
Best investment since I started playing
"Before I bought this program I tried the books, cd's, and DVD's but they moved somewhat fast for me and I couldn't hear examples at a slower or faster speed. This helps you control your tempo, thus builds speed and gives an in-depth explanation on each note one by one. You first start with the 1 string and you learn every note on the way down to the last string. You even start playing after a note or two. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"
-- Jason M. from Oakland, CA , November 08, 2005
Teach Yourself To Play Guitar - Deluxe Edition CD-ROM